Tuesday, December 18, 2007

GOOD NEWS

Great news I went to the DR today and all the blood work has come back normal. For all of those who don't know I had my ultrasound last week were we found out the we are having a girl. We are all very excited. That night my Dr called saying that they found something concerning on the ultrasound. They said that the colors in the baby's bowels is a little brighter than they normally like to see and that usually means that the baby could have Down Syndrome. So I went in for the trip screen blood test that afternoon. We got the tests back today saying that everything was normal. that we have a 1 in 4000 chance of the baby having downs. They are still sending us for a level 2 ultrasound next month at a genetics place in phx. He said that should rule that out more that and we can get a better chance to see why I am still bleeding and maybe what is causing the bleeding. So this has been a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders. Sorry if some of you feel left out because we didn't tell very many people because we didn't want to worry everyone before we knew what was really happening. We are packing to still go on our trip tomorrow to my parents in PA for Christmas. It is going to be COLD!!!! Hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and we will get more pics up when we get home.

2 comments:

Allison Johnson said...

What great news! Hopefully they won't find anything at your ultrasound. Have fun in PA, and have a Merry Christmas!!

Ashley said...

Doctor's do not know what they are talking about! I am so happy for you! I can hardly wait for your shower! Pink EVERYWHERE!!!!!