Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dr. Update

So we went and saw my doctor on Wednesday. We still don't know much of anything new. Blaine was happy because the Dr. told him that he was right to keep me on house arrest. The Dr. says he hates the word bed rest but says that's what I have to. Not official in bed 24 hours a day but off my feet as much as possible, no lifting, stuff like that. I am not to go out by myself and if I do leave the house I can't be gone for very long. Take yesterday for example after my presidency meeting my grandma and I went to the fabric store to look for fabric so that I can start making the cradle bedding. We were only in the store for about five minuets and I black out. So I guess the Dr. and Blaine are right on this one. The Dr. is doing more testing. He is testing me to see if I am a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis. If I am they will test Blaine to see if he if we both come back as carriers their is a 1 in 4 chance that the baby will be born with CF the only true way to find out for sure is to do an amnio which we really really don't want to do. The other test they are running is CMV. I guess it is an virus that you can get that you never know about. About half the time it can cause harm to the baby usually you can see in ultrasound if the baby has it because usually their is something that shows up in the brain that she has it. Ours thank goodness hasn't shown anything like that. However CMV can cause low anionic fluid which leads to early delivery. I asked the Dr. if I am High Risk and he says that I am high risk because of my bleeding. I asked because my uterus and placenta are not attached all the way if that means I am going to have to have a c-section? He said that we will know for sure in the next few weeks. They say they really start worrying about that after 24 weeks. If I continue to bleed and start having contractions it will put more stress on my placenta and it could tear more and do a lot more harm to the baby. So their is a good possibility that Emily may make her presents known early. We will try to keep her cooking for as long as possible. We should have the test results in 2 weeks and the Doc said that he would call me. I am now seeing the DR. every 3 weeks to keep an eye on everything. So we will keep you all posted. We appreciate all of you thoughts and prayers. We are still hoping that everything is going to be alright Emily is just trying to make sure that we don't forget about her.

3 comments:

Admin said...

There is so much unknown with pregnancy. We wish you all the best & our prayers will be with you. :)

Emily Weber said...

We're definitely thinking and praying for you! If you ever need anything, email me, K? Hope everything comes back ok.

Michele Tyler said...

Tiff and Blaine, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Know that you have LOTS of people wishing the best for your sweet family. Let us know if you ever need anything. Tiffany, Alyssa says "I LOVE YOU, SISTER MATTHEWS! YOU'RE THE BEST!" :)