Thursday, March 6, 2008

In Memory of GGPA

Henry Eugene Morgan "Grandpop & GGPA"

July 12, 1926

February 26, 2008
I got a call last Tuesday after putting Ryan on the bus for school from my dad that my Grandpa Morgan had past away. I took the news of his passing harder than I thought I would however he passed away on the one month anniversary of loosing Emily. Grandpop was living with my parents in Pennsylvania. My dad said that they were having the service for him on Saturday and that they were going to fly us out if we wanted to come. Ryan and I flew out the next day on Wednesday. Blaine took the red eye out on Saturday morning because he had clipper deliveries. I think at one point their was close to 70-80 people at the house for dinner after the service. Ryan did really good with all the people this time we were all really surprised. It was nice to have the whole family together again. Granted we were all back their at Christmas so we were able to see him then as well. The service was more like a viewing where people were able to stand around and watch the slide show and talk about all the fun memories. It was nice to come home to warm weather. The day I got their it was 25 and when I went to go and get Blaine Saturday morning it was snowing. We are defiantly Arizona people. Grandpop know that you are loved and will be greatly missed.

1 comments:

Johnson said...

I'm sorry to here about your Grandpa. You took some cute pictures though.