Saturday, March 29, 2008

Emily Anne Matthews January 26 2008

Blaine and I just wanted to say thank you very much for all who have called and given us support during these past two weeks. As many of you know we buried our daughter Emily yesterday. We wanted to just keep it to manly family and some friends. Since most everyone else in our world thought that this was over like we did. Emily is now at the City of Mesa Cemetery. She is in one of the new infant sections. We had to get a bigger casket for her not just the normal preemie casket she was to long and big for one of those. We had to get a 19" casket since she was 14" long. It was such a nice day yesterday not to hot. We didn't have any type of service we just dedicated the grave and then sent everyone home and Blaine and I stayed to watch them close the grave. Blaine dedicated the grave and did a really good job with the prayer. He was really stressing out over it all week. This is not something that you plan on doing or even dream about dedicating your child's grave and he did really great and I was very proud of him. We have picked out her headstone and we can place it in three months after the ground settles. Thank you again for all of the love,support and financial help that so many of you have given us the past few weeks we couldn't of done it without you.

8 comments:

Becky Porter said...

Tiffany, I am soo sorry that you have to go through this!! i have faith that your family will have the strength to overcome this trial in your lives. I think about you often and youre in my prayers.

Erin said...

Hey Tiffany. I am so sorry that you not only had to deal with this once but twice. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. You and your family are in our prayers.

Unknown said...

My heart aches for you, and I am so sorry for the pain you surely must be feeling and for everything you've had to deal with. I'm just so sorry.

Kyleen and Brent said...

Tiffany, I am so very sorry about your loss! I had no idea! May The Lord bless you and keep you in His loving arms at this time! I will pray for you!

Marty and Emily said...

Oh Tiffany, this whole experience is just unreal! I can't believe how much strength you have shown through it all. You and your family are in our prayers!

Ashley said...

It was an honor and privilege to be there and share such a tender moment with such dear friends. We love you guys and we look forward to the next movie night! :)

Sarah Garner said...

You don't know me, I was " blog hopping" and came across yours. I hope it is okay that I am posting this, but I wanted to thank you for your example of strength and courage. My little daughter was unexpectedly still born on February 9 of this year at 35 weeks. I am so grateful for gospel in my life and for the atonement of our Savior. As I held my tiny little girl it was such an empty feeling, I didn't feel the bonding feeling that I had with my other children when they were born and that I felt for her when I would see her in my monthly ultrasounds and feel her move inside me. That was disturbing to me at first because I am her mother and I should feel that connection. But I realized that this tiny little body wasn't actually my daughter. This was only her shell, that my daughter had gone on to the arms of the Lord. But this beautiful little "shell" was my contribution to the eternal progression of soul so perfect that she didn't need to be tested on this earth, she could move on to bigger and better missions for the Lord. But I got to be her mother for a moment and be a partner with the Lord in giving her the one thing she lacked...a body. The same can be said of your precious little Emily, what an honor to have such a valiant daughter of God as part of your eternal family. Until we are united with our little daughters again, maybe your little Emily and my little Savannah will serve together helping to continue the work of the Lord on the other side of the veil! My thougths and prayers are with you even though I don't actually know you!

Hiatt Family said...

Oh I feel so bad about the whole situation...I can't imagine having to deal with things twice like you did. I am so, so sorry! I was really surprised when the hospital told us that we were responsible for Jackson's burial & everything else. That's just the farthest thing from your mind at that time. I love how you decorated Emily's grave. It looks beautiful. I'm glad that Blaine was able to dedicate the grave. Lincoln putting the casket in the ground & dedicating the grave is one of my most favorite memories. Your family is in my thoughts & prayers.