Saturday, May 3, 2008

Time to catch up

I just want to say I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. Life has been very crazy for the past few weeks. Blaine was out of town doing a press check last week and I worked a few days last week. Many of you are wondering what I am doing for a job now. Blaine's bosses wife owns a mail house. Mail like you get in the mail not a male house:) anyway we run mail through a machine that address it and then it ends up at your house. Last week we did clipper post cards. You may not know that a post card comes with your Clipper magazine every month and that is what I stand and run through the machine. Yes I still work at Ribbons and Lace but not behind the counter anymore. I teach the hairbow classes once a week and I love it.This is what Blaine goes to Sacramento to watch print. So make sure to watch for it in your mail box. He most likely took it to your post office.
This is one of the many pallets the post card that we ran last week for Clipper. FYI Clipper is sent to 1.1 million copies are sent out so we stay busy that week.
This is the little printing machine that I run when it is the Clipper time of the month. You insert the postcard on the right hand side and then it runs along a belt and comes out the left hand side of the machine.

This is when it is coming out of the machine to the belt with the dryer to dry the ink and then I take it off the belt and put it in post office trays.This is the Big printing machine. Maybe someday I will learn how to run this one. We run about 19-20 thousand postcards an hour on these machines. Crazy right?
This is the inside of Blaine's warehouse this is only a very small amount of the Clipper magazine waiting to go to the post office. You can see why I have been so busy lately. I am very grateful to to be working though I really only work a week and a half a month so it gives us a little extra money.

4 comments:

Johnson said...

Wow you keep yourself busy.

Meggs said...

Holy smokes. That is a lot of work. Your little guy is so cute. I love the pics. of him conducting the music and giving a talk. Super cute kid.

Johnson said...

What a small world! I'm going to see her on monday so I will have to ask her. I just love her too. I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Andrea Gunnell said...

I love your blog! It is very cute. I sure miss seeing you in Young Womens! Hope all is going well!