Friday, June 13, 2008

Sunsplash

So today Irene took Ryan myself and a few other grandkids to sunsplash. So we are putting things in our locker and I am putting sunscrene on Ryan when he gets mad and goes to the otherside of the lockers. So I go to see where he went and I don't see him at all. So I go to the other side of the lockers still no Ryan. I am starting to panick and I am yelling for him walking around the front part of sunsplash. The kids went and checked the bathrooms I check outside the main gate still no Ryan. See for those who have not been to sunsplas you can see these slides from the locker then you have to walk and go over the bidge to get their. So I find who happends to be the main medical guy walking in the front and told him that I can't find my 3 year old son. He asked me how long it had been by this point a couple minuets. He asked me what he was waring and after balinking out for a mniuet I could describe what he was waring so they got on their walkie talkies and told everyone in the park to watch for him and what his name is. I am still pacing the front of the park calling his name starting to hyperventalate at this point but then my levelheadeness cought up with me and I thought I can't go crazy and started breathing agian. The medical guy told me to fallow him to the bridge and we got to the top and he told me to just stop and look around to see if I could see him. I was looking but all the kids looked the same to me. Back up a little bit after a couple min of not finding him and talking to the people at the park I called Blaine who works on Country Club and Elliott and told him he needed to come and help me look for him. Back to the story so we are on the bridge getting ready to go down the other side when I heard him crying and looked up to see him being carried by a cute blond lifegard (my son and blonds) He had wanted to go down this slide and just took off and tried to do it. The bad thing is he can't touch in that area and wasn't waring his little lifevest swimming stuff so he just jumped in and she had to jump in after him. When she didn't find his parents she was taking him back to the main office. I have never been so scared in my life. I wasn't really worried about him drowning becasue their are a ton of lifeguards however there are also hundreds of people there and I couldn't find my baby. The nice thing was this also scared him really bad to becasue he never let me out of his sight the rest of the time we were at the park. So lesson learned don't go to the park without Blaine ever again and always know what your kid is wearing. Thanks Mom for the fun day after that.

2 comments:

Johnson said...

Oh my Goodness! I'm so glad you found Ryan and things were ok. I can't even belive how you felt. Heavenly Father is sure watching out for your family.

Candice said...

How scary! I'm glad you found him and that he was OK.
I like the headstone, and I'm glad you have that now to go and visit.