Wednesday, August 13, 2008

El Paso Trip

As many may know my Gandpop Morgan passed away exactly one month after Emily. We went back to Penn. in February for a memorial service. After that they had him cremated. Since the family was coming to AZ in July they decided to bury his ashes when they came down for the family reunion. So we left mesa on Sunday morning to drive to El Paso TX. We were almost to Casa Grand when my brother asked my parents "Did we remember grnadpop?" my stepmom said of course we..... Oh My Gosh we forgot grandpop. So on the walkie talkie my dad said that we had to turn around and go back to my grandparents house to get grandpop. My grandma met us about halfway and gave us the suitcase with grandpop. So we turned around and went back to El Paso. We made it back El Paso just in time for dinner with friends. That Monday was the service for Grandpop. He was in the Navy so they had set up full navy honors for him. It was really nice and they played taps and everything. The ONLY nice thing about going to El Paso was that my little brother Ryan is also buried in the same cemetery. So we had a lot of cemetery stops this trip. All of my family was able to go to Emily's grave and see the headstone. We had hoped to show them all of the grass that we had planted however they added more dirt and covered all the grass so we planted more.





0 comments: