Monday, October 27, 2008

Great Loss


I was watching the news last night and saw this picture flash on the screen then they went to break. I was thinking to myself that it looked just like Shane Figueroa. They came back and said that Officer Figueroa had been killed in the line of Duty on his way to a call and was killed by a drunk driver. I was in shock. I went to Jr High & Part of High School with Shane. Later in life I was in singles ward for a while with him then after Blaine an I where married Blaine was his home teacher. Melisha Shane's wife is the granddaughter of a lady that I use to work with. Ruth (Melisha's grandmother) worked at Ribbons and Lace for a very long time. She taught me how to make hair bows and when she moved to Idaho I took over teaching for her. When Blaine and I bought our house we moved into Desert Vista ward where I got to know Melisha's mom Tamara. I was the choir director and Tamara taught me so much. So our paths have crossed a few times during our lives. We where never what you would call great friends however he was a great person. He always had a contagious smile on his face, he always said Hi when you would pass him in the hall and even if you didn't know him all that well (like me) you know he was the type of person that you could call on and he would help you. My thoughts and prayers go out to Melisha his beautiful wife and his baby girl Kenzlie.

I know how hard it is to loose a loved one and you always say thank goodness for our knowledge of the gospel. Well that is so true. I am so grateful for this knowledge that we have of the Plan of Salvation even though it is hard and man it is hard to loose the ones that you love but to have that sure knowledge that you will see him again does give you comfort after the initial hurt has subsided.

1 comments:

Michele Tyler said...

Tiffany, I am so glad you shared this story. I would've never known that it was Ruth Epperson's grandson (by marriage). My heart is broke for Melisha and what she will go thru these next months. I look forward to knowing when the services are since I know all her mother's side of the family. Thank goodness we know what we do. I would imagine that knowledge is so comforting to them right now.