Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Saturday Morning

I was so excited to sleep in a little on Saturday Ryan stayed in his bed till about 8:30 and I thought that I was doing good. Ryan came in our room and said hi then he went downstairs to watch NOGGIN nothing out of the ordinary. So my plan was to stay lounging in bed till around 9 then I would get up and tackle the down stairs mess. All of a sudden Ryan yells upstairs for "daddy it's broken" usually when he yells this it means that he can't find the NOGGIN channel. This morning it was way different Blaine went downstairs to find water all over the floor. We have a water cooler by the kitchen and Ryan usually doesn't do anything with it except fill his cup when he wants a drink. This time it was different he took his water cups and decided to dump it on the floor. The nice thing is the entire downstairs is tile and we got a throw rug down but that was it. Then he looked at the TV and saw this.
You can still hear the sound just no picture. So Blaine sent Ryan to his room and yelled at me to come downstairs. Yep their is a puddle of water in front and coming out of our TV. So I went upstairs to talk to Ryan and found him in his room with a box of wipes washing all of his cars individually so after I picked up about 10 wipes I took him downstairs and set him on the couch and asked him what he did to the TV? "I clean it" that is what I thought. For some reason he was in a cleaning mood and so he decided to dump his cup on the front of the TV so he could clean it. I think I am doing good at this point becasue I am not yelling or screaming at my son. He could still hear the TV and was saying "fix it" I said it's broken no more NOGGIN. Then the realization of what he did hit him. NO MORE NOGGIN? I said nope it's broken and mommy and daddy can't fix it. By this point he was crying thinking that his world was over without his Noggin.
I had to go to Sams Club to get stuff for mutual Wednsesday night so we decided to look at their TV's while shopping. Everytime we go we drool over the TV's we alwyas say someday we will have a cool flat screen TV. They had some good deals but we decided we wanted to look around first. So we dropped the grouchy Ryan off at my mother in laws house. Oh ya forgot that part of the story. Before we left the house I asked Blaine to take something out to the garbage. Ryan went with him but on the way back Ryan fell and cut up the top of his foot in the crease where your foot meets your leg and his knee and he was crying a bleeding and he never wants us to touch his boo boo or put a bandaid on it. So everytime he walked or looked down he saw his boo boo's and then started crying.
Anyway we decided that the grouch wouldn't let us shop so we took him for a day at gmas and he was okay with that becasue we left his train tacks there so he was happy.
So Blaine and I had a day date of shopping would have rather gone to a movie but it was still fun.
After going to 4 or 5 stores we decided to go back to Sam's Club and talk to them agian becasue they had the best deal and by far the best warrentey.
Yes we now have a new huge TV. Blaine says its not that big 42" however in our very small living room its that big. Blaine and Ryan and mommy fight over who gets to watch it. Ryan usally wins. Every time we come home he says Big TV" then turns it to Noggin. We have told him no more touching the TV he has to point instead of touch the screen and then I sat him down and said NO WATER if you use water it will be broken agian so if you want to clean you have to come and get mommy or daddy.


Our new toy to fight over although Ryan usually wins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a tiring long day! But good excuse to get a new TV:) Looks like a nice one!

Ashley said...

I still think that Blaine planned this to happen and just used Ryan as an excuse to get a new TV. I would check Ryan's piggy bank and see if there is money in there! Daddy probably paid him well for that little stunt! ha!

jewly said...

That stinks that he broke the old one, but the new T.V. looks nice.