Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. I tried to get somewhat matching outfits for the boys and Ryan was actually excited to put on his tie. I was kind of shocked but happy. I got Blaine a new tie Ryan a new shirt and Tie and the got Cameron a cute little outfit and they all had blue and green in them so I thought that was good enough for going shopping the Friday before Easter. I even found something new for me so I was happy. Easter was good for us I went to choir for the first time in months since I wasn't pregnant anymore and was able to participate in the program at church. I was called by a member of our bishopric to see if I could meet with him before church started and was released from my calling in young women's. I was a little surprised but had a feeling that it was coming. I am now the new Choir director. I am excited scared and sad all at the same time. I have been in Young Women's for about a year and a half. I have to admit when I was first called to be the Secretary in Young Women's I was terrified. Growing up I really looked to my Young Women leaders and they did so much for me. I was so afraid that I wasn't good enough for these girls. I have learned so much from my calling. Not the secretary part that part is easy you keep track of the calender and who is there every Sunday. I have learned so much from the girls in our ward. I thought it was hard when I was a teenager but I think it was a cake walk for me. I will miss being in Young Woman's but I know that it is not my choice. I am excited and scared to death to be choir director again. For one it has been four years since I have done it and two I am very intimidated by all the talent that is in our ward.Enough about that for now, after Church we went to Blaine's parents house for dinner and our normal Easter egg hunt. The kids made out really well. I think Ryan got more candy for Easter than he did for Halloween.
Running trying to get all the eggs before everyone elseHe found more eggs

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Those kids made out like bandits. I have kind of a cute picture of Ryan when he was sitting all by himself on the curb waiting for the hunt to start that I'll have to send to you.

Ashley said...

All of us will miss you in Y.W. I cannot believe that you were nervous! It never showed. The girls love you and will miss you tremendously. You have taught us so much and we hope to continue to apply what you have taught us. You will do awesome in your new calling. You need not to be intimidated, you are talented.