Saturday, December 12, 2009

Colorado 2009 part 1

WARNING: Picture overload
This Thanksgiving our family was in two different places. My parents just moved from the east coast to Colorado. We are so excited to have them only 9 hours away instead of a long plane ride or a few day drive away.

Ryan waiting at the airport to get on our plane. He is just a little excited and really enjoyed his $10.00 personal pan pizza. (that is what is all over his face)

This year Thanksgiving fell over Clipper weekend so that means Blaine had to work the day after Thanksgiving so the boys and I flew to Colorado on Tuesday before the big Turkey day so we could spend some time with everyone.Cameron waiting for our plane to get here

Blaine had to work Friday and then afterward he would start the drive to come up to Colorado and then we would all drive home on Monday.
The three of us on the plane. (great pic I know) this is also Cameron's 1st plane ride. (don't recommend flying with a teething ear infection (that we didn't know about 8 month old)

We got to Colorado and the temp in the car said 32. I had just come from 70 degree weather. When we fly we always do flip flops because it is way easier to get though security. We walked out of the airport and there was snow on the ground and everyone was looking at us like we where crazy. I just said that we are from Arizona and they seemed to understand. (yes I did put them away as soon as we got to the house and broke out the tennis shoes the rest of the trip)Cameron waiting for us to get back from Bishop's Castle. He was not a happy camper
This is Bishops Castle. This guy just builds it for fun it has a moat and a dungeon and everything that a castle has. He has done all the rock and rod iron work on his own this is his hobby. If you ever get a chance to go it is amazing.
Ryan on the first level of the Castle. It was like 15 degrees colder up there than at my parents house. We didn't go any higher but Ryan wanted to.One of the towers at the castleThis is the most snow Ryan has seen at one time. He said that it is really cold:)Ryan and Mom at the CastleThis is from the top of one of the towers I had my bro take it up and get a picture because I stayed with Ryan. Next time I do I will go to the top.This is the HUGE chair that he made and Ryan had to sit in it. I was pretty hard for him to get up in since it 7 feet high.This is my sisters Lindsey's boyfriend Eric and if you have ever seen Man vs. Food I think Eric can take Adam. After bishops castle we went to the Mexican food place that was really good. Eric and some of my brothers ordered a "Slopper" this thing is huge!! You can't tell but under all of this is a burger, fries and anything else you can think of.





0 comments: