Friday, December 25, 2009

Trains Trains and more Trains

This year a lady that I work with asked me if we where going to the trains this year? I had no idea what she is talking about so we got to talking and there is a guy in our stake that does this train thing every year where he lets people come and look at his model train set. We knew of this family because we where in singles ward with his daughter and they own Tia Rosa's Mexican Restaurant here in Mesa. I found out a little more about his trains and come to find out he has the third largest train set up in the nation. By the time I found out about it there where only two Saturdays left when he was doing it. I asked my mother in law about it and if she knew anything and she said not really but remembered reading something about it in the paper. That night Blaine and I needed to run around and do some last minuet stuff so Ryan stayed with Gma Matthews and some of his cousins where there so my MIL decided to take the kids to the trains. I said that we would go next week because my family was going to be coming down so we thought it would be a fun free thing to do with them.(they didn't end up coming but that's okay.) Ryan went and wouldn't stop talking about the trains and the next night kept asking us when we could go and see them again so we told him on Saturday. We took my Gparents with us and Ryan was basically running to go and see them. Since we hadn't been there he knew where everything was and it was hard keeping up with him.
Blaine and I where in singles ward with one of these guys daughters and this house is right next to the church building and is quite large so I figured that his back yard had a huge pool and everything we are in AZ you know. Nope no pool only Trains. He has an entire garage just to store his trains and be the depot for them.
Everywhere you looked there was trains. The guy was even in his shop getting ready to send another one out it was really neat to see how he gets them ready to go.
One of the trains coming around a bend. Ryan was in heaven with all of these trains.
He even has a train crash set up. You don't see them crash but you can see one coming.This will defiantly become part of our Christmas tradition.