Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Dad's Visit

I have a couple things we need to update. A few week ago my dad came down for the weekend. It was a lot of fun. He flew in on Saturday afternoon and flew out Sunday afternoon. One good thing is that we where able to go Saturday night to the ASU vs Ducks game. Living and growing up in Oregon we are a duck fans. My dad was even able to play his high school championship game on their field. So needless to say my husband is a hometown fan (I usually am to but not that weekend). So my dad bought really good seats like lower level 50 yard line seats. We got four tickets so Blaine, and his dad nd my dad and I all went to the game. We didn't take Ryan to the game because we thought that it would be to much for him so we tried to do other stuff with him first.

He would rather get a "Ball" than go and see the animals and stuff like that

We took him to Mother Natures Farm in Gilbert. Not really sure how he was going to handle that we went to the farm with a pretty tired boy. He really liked the bouncer so we did that for a while. Then they had a little kids maze and he wasn't sure that he was going to go for that but he liked that but he liked going through the exit and getting in everyones way. Then he didn't want to leave. We got our pumpkin and left.

I love how they had this hay stack lock your kid up thing I wish we could have one at home sometimes

Finally something that Ryan Loves to do

Getting into the runing around the maze with the big daddy monster.

We do things backwards in our family

Ryan is totally done with the entire farm thing and ready for a nap

Later that night we got ready and went to the game. My dad and I with our Duck hats and Blaine in his ASU shirt. Bad news for all you ASU fans YOU LOST BIG TIME !!!!!

The game still had the 2nd half and the stadium cleared out. We stayed to the end to take in the victory. (ha ha sorry honey) It was a lot of fun having Blaine in the seats above us yelling then two seconds later my dad was up cheering and Blaine was booing. We had a fun night although both my dad and Blaine both wished it would have been a closer game.

The next day (Sunday) my dad had to leave. We took my dad to the airport and Ryan thought that he was going to. We went so my dad could check his bag and Ryan took his laptop rolling bag and started walking around the airport. Then when we got upstairs Ryan was getting ready to walk down the 1st class skip the line part of security he was not to happy when told him he wasn't going on the airplane that he was going to stay here. He was really sad but we talked him into going to the other window to look out the window so he could see more airplanes. It is always sad to see my dad go becasue I am never quite sure when we will get to see him again. The good news is he said that he was going to try and come for a few more days the 1st part of December. So that made it easier to not cry so much this time when he left.

Ryan at the airport waiting for the elevator

Ready to take papa's case and run

Taking care of papa's laptop while he drops off his bag at the TSA

The three most important men in my life

Ryan saying his goodbye to papa before the goes on the plane.

All of a sudden he bacame papa and that is what he has always called Blaines dad he calles my grandpa "grandpa" os it was kind of funny how he would come up to my dad and say come here papa.