Saturday, March 28, 2009

Welcome Baby Cameron

Today we where able to come home from the hospital with baby Cameron. I was able to go and be induced on Thursday night at 10:00. I was so happy we got there early to do the check in stuff and then we waited to be taken back till around 10:15ish. We got all the billion questions out of the way. So here is the funny thing. I haven't been having regular timetable contractions for a while. The night we went in to be induced we took Ryan to Blaine's parents house and got him into bed since he had school the next day and we waited there to go in. I was having contractions the entire time we where at Blaine's parents house. When I left the Dr.'s office that day she said that I was the same as I had been for the past few weeks at a three. When I was checked at the hospital I was at a 4. So around 11:00ish they started my Pitocin. After that I went pretty fast with dilating at least. The problem was Cameron was still high and not in the birth canal. They said that they could feel his head but he would just bob in the fluid. He didn't want to come down. At 8:00 my Dr. came in to see how we where doing. I was at a 6 and 80% thinned out but still no Cameron coming down. a few minuets after the Dr. left I told the nurse that I think that my water broke. Sure enough it had. That is when the fun began. By 9:15 the told me to try pushing to see how I would do I pushed twice and they yelled at me to stop so they could go and page my Dr. after 20 minuets of pushing Cameron was here. Cameron was born at 9:55am. They plopped him on my chest ad that was new because they couldn't do that with Ryan. Cameron gave the nurses a run for their money because the kept moving so they would loose the heart beat as well has having a low heart beat. It got so low for a while they stayed in the room and said that if didn't improve that we would have to talk about a c-section. Thank goodness it didn't come to that. I think? I ended up tearing pretty bad and think that a c-section could have been better. Cameron took a minuet to start crying and when he did it wasn't that strong. So he ended up going up to the NICU' s transition nursery. It was only going to be for a couple of hours but turned into 7 hours. Needless to say I was very anxious to get him back in my room. I went up to the NICU to see him and hold him again and they said that he was doing better and could come down to my room. I was so happy. Mommy and Cameron before they took him to the NICU


Cameron under the warmer in the NICU


After we got settled and then Blaine went to his parents house to get Ryan. I had been very worried for this part of introducing Ryan to Cameron not sure how he would react. When they got there I was holding Cameron and Ryan didn't really care. Blaine took Cameron and went and sat down and Ryan walked over to see him. I told Ryan I wanted to take there picture and he as okay with it.
The main thing that was bothering Ryan was the fact fact that I was wearing the hospital gown. He didn't like it and I told him they where PJ's and he was good. He even came and sat by me because I asked him if he wanted to hold the baby and he said yes. I was shocked he was so happy he said that he was so cute.


Ryan checking under Cameron's hat to see if he had hair


Ryan checking to make sure that he has ears

Kissing his baby brother



Ryan hanging out in Moms room eating her cookie

Ryan checking to see why Cameron was crying. What a good big brother

We where able to come home this afternoon. I was so happy. We could have stayed for one more day but I really wanted to come home so I could sleep better in my own bed and not have people coming in all night long to take my temp and check my blood pressure. Blaine and I went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch around 1:30ish and came back at 2 and they said that they where done with him and that we could go home. We were in the car by 3:30 on our way home. We went to Blaine's parents to get Ryan and now we are all home and happy.

4 comments:

Jen West said...

Yeah Tiffany and Blaine! Cameron is so handsome! I just believe in miracles more and more each time one of these darlings arrives here safely. I hope your recovery is smooth. Remember to relax when the baby is... easier said than done:) love, jen west

jewly said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. I am glad the delivery went well.

The Sorensens. said...

cute! congrats on the new baby!

Candice said...

I"m impressed you wrote a blog on your first day home! Wow, you are dedicated to your fans! I"m glad the birth went well, I always love hearing the birth story, every one is different, and always such a miracle.