Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pain Pain Pain


Warning if you don't have boobies my may not like this entry.

Okay so its my turn to complain. I really try not to however I am board and the kids are asleep and Blaine is driving to Tucson. I have to admit that I am very lucky with what a good baby Cameron is. He is such a great sleeper and eater. On the eating part. I do not breast feed my kids. I tried with Ryan but my milk never came in . We talked to the Doctor about it and I just get super engorged and my ducts get clogged. I was told after I had Emily about the old cabbage trick and it really worked. For those who don't know you take green cold cabbage leafs and put them on your boobs until they smell like cooked cabbage and this is suppose to help dry up your milk. I have to admit I really didn't believe it but I thought if it could get rid of my pain I would try anything. So I did with Emily and it worked great. So I was happy that I already knew a trick that would help me after Cameron came. I am doing the wrap yourself in the ace bandage and cabbage. I am ready to chop them off. I am taking my pain killers for my boobs now. I am not really having any pain from pushing out a 9 pound baby I am having pain from my killer boobs. It got so bad today I took a scalding hot shower to try and help. I have even tried to pump but I have nothing so I guess I am just going to deal with it. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be doing better. The funny thing is Ryan is having the hardest part with my chest. He saw that I have a bandage as he calls it on my chest (ace bandage) and he saw me putting ice on it and he almost started crying thinking that I am really really hurt. The things little kids worry about.
Okay enough of the complaining. I am very grateful for my hurt boobs I have a healthy baby I am healthy and didn't almost die this time. Ryan is doing great with Cameron he isn't always wanting to hold him but will every once in a while will help me and he will come up and ask to give him a kiss. I have great kids.

1 comments:

Allison Johnson said...

I can't sympathize with the painful boobs, cause I never had engorgment or let down. I can sympathize with a formula fed constipated baby. We found that sometimes gripe water would help her pass gas and in turn help her poop easier. Good luck. Nothing rips at your heart like a baby in pain...